Terms & Conditions
Thank you for entrusting the care and attention of your horse to The Equine Vet Clinic.
Please find detailed below the Equine Vet Clinic’s Terms and Conditions. If you require further clarification/explanation please do not hesitate to contact us on 01505 610100.
Care of your horse
1. All in patients are routinely checked throughout the day and at 8pm in the evening, 24 hour in patient care is provided as and when required. All vets have access to CCTV on their mobiles to monitor the stables as required
1. An invoice will be provided to the client detailing all professional work undertaken and all consumables, drugs and materials used.
2. All professional work, consumables, drugs and materials used are subject to VAT at the current rate.
Methods of Payment
Accounts can be paid by cheque, cash, Credit Card, Debit Card or by phone/internet banking (Sort Code 834600, Account Number 11304469 - please use your surname as a reference for the transfer).
1. Accounts for inpatients attending the clinic are due for settlement at the end of consultation and/or the discharge of your horse from the clinic. The only exception is when you are making an insurance claim, when completed insurance forms must be provided and your insurance excess paid at the end of consultation or discharge.
2. All other accounts must be settled by the client on receipt of invoice. The only exception is when you are making an insurance claim, when completed insurance forms must be provided and your insurance excess paid within 14 calendar days.
3. We will be unable to supply goods or services to any account that falls into arrears until the account has been settled in full. All accounts are also subject to a maximum limit of £2000. Accounts exceeding this will be placed on hold until they are settled. We regret we will be unable to provide goods or services during this time.
4. A Credit or Debit Card will be requested for all new accounts created from the 1st January 2013. By agreeing to supply us with your Credit Card details you are giving us permission to debit the card with payment of your account if the account falls into arrears.
5. After due notice to you the client, overdue accounts will be referred to our debt collection agency for recovery. At this time we will add further administrative fees to the client’s account for payment.
6. Any cheque returned to our bank as unpaid will result in the account balance being restored to the original sum with further charges added in respect of bank charges and administrative costs.
All insurance paperwork will be completed and submitted to your insurer in a timely manner. Due to the increase in insurance paperwork required by equine insurance companies, a fee will be added to your account for administrative processing.
Ownership of Records
Case records, including radiograph films and similar documents, are the property of, and will be retained by, The Equine Vet Clinic in the interest of animal welfare and for their own protection. Copies with a summary of the history will be passed on request to any colleague taking over a case. At the client’s request, we will provide copies of any relevant clinical records; this includes relevant records that have come from other practices, if they relate to the same animal and the same client. This does not include records that relate to the same animal but a different client.
We reserve the right to charge £50 for a visit cancellation and £100 for any inpatient cancellation
We hope that you never have recourse to complain about the standard of service received from The Equine Vet Clinic. However, if you feel that there is something you wish to complain about, please direct your comments in the first instance to our Practice Manager on 01505 610100.